For 4 individuals
500 g spaghetti all’uovo
250 g pancetta (bacon strips)
100 g Parmesan cheese
250 g mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
red bell pepper powder
– Fry the pancetta until it’s crispy. Then let is rest on some paper towel to drain the fat.
– Chop the onion and mushrooms and fry them in the remaining pancetta fat.
– Add a bit of salt and some red bell pepper powder to the mushrooms and let it fry over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
– Re-add the bacon and keep it warm over minimum heat.
– Cook the spaghetti al dente according to its packaging.
– In the meantime, make a mixture with 50 g Parmesan Cheese and the eggs.
– Now comes the tricky part.
– Once the pasta is done, turn off the heat from the bacon-onion-mushroom mix and put the pan somewhere else so the stove does not keep heating it.
– Drain the pasta but DO NOT rinse it off with cold water. Add the pasta immediately to the pan with the bacon, onion and mushrooms.
– Pour over the egg and cheese mix and stir immediately. This is all about timing, the remaining heat should be just warm enough to make your dish cremoso. If it’s too hot, you’ll get scrambled eggs, if it’s too cold, you’ll get pasta in runny egg.
– Next, add the remaining 50 g Parmesan cheese and a lot of black pepper, stir and divide evenly.
– Garnish with some extra black pepper and freshly cut parsley on top.