What you need:
400 g rice
2 big onions
bell pepper powder
700 ml tomato sauce
250 ml cream
What you do:
– Cut the chicken in tiny pieces and marinade it with pepper, salt, bell pepper bowder, cumin, cinnamon and ginger and let it rest for 15 minutes.
– Put some butter in a pan. Once heated, add the marinated chicken and fry the outside of the chicken for a few minutes. Afterwards, put the chicken aside in a bowl.
– Dice the onion and fry them in the pan. (Add some butter if needed)
– Add the same spices plus the garam masala to the onion and fry them for several minutes until they become glazy.
NOTE: garam masala is a spicy Indian mix. It might not be for sale everywhere, use chili and/or cayenne powder as a substitute. However, be careful with the amount, it depends on how spicy you can take!
– Now add the tomato sauce, stir well and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the cream, stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
– Add some butter, stir well and let it cook with the lid closed.
– In the meantime, cook the rice.
– Serve with freshly chopped parsley and some cashew nuts