For 2 individuals
2 Ciabatta loafs
300 g minced meat (lamb)
1 big garlic clove
1 Mina Shakshuka
Note: Mina Shakshuka will be available in stores across Europe later on. Normally I don’t do ready-to-use sauces as they tend to contain all kinds of nasty additives. Mina, however, is an exception: their products are traditional, healthy, all natural products which are a must-have for the true cuisinier. Visit their site for more information: http://www.casablancafoods.com/
– Created medium sized meatballs by mixing the minced meat, 1 egg, breadcrumbs, pepper, salt, parsley, garlic (powder), chopped onion and curry.
– Fry the meatballs in a deep flat-bottomed pan until done.
– Add the Mina Shakshuka and as soon as the sauce nearly hits boiling point, let it simmer on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
– Preheat the oven in the meantime and bake the ciabatta loafs by following the instructions on the packaging.
– Crack two raw eggs on top of the sauce, cover the pan and let it simmer for another 5 – 10 minutes until the egg white has become solid.
– Garnish with freshly cut parsley and black pepper.